Ian Norton

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ian Norton

Post by Admin on Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Options.

Right now, I'm torn...

I'd really like to cast Naomi's Cody, who's currently playing Sherlock in her production "A Finger Slip", because I think it'd be kind of great to have Sherlock's male counterpart, Ian, played by Sherlock. Since our Sherlock is technically the literal female counterpart to the original Sherlock. Get it? I think it's kind of a fun mind fuck, meta comment, and fits in with the themes of identity, presentation, and gender that we touch on this season.

HOWEVER,

If we did that, Baker Street would start looking VERY white. So the other option is to look for a POC dude to play Ian.

Which is more important/relevant to us? Diversity, or story?

What's your vote?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bakerstreetproject.createforum.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Ian Norton

Post by Naomi Javor on Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 am

I've said this to Hannah before but I think it's very obvious that you guys are keeping a very good eye on diversity in your production AND bringing very well done representation to different demographics such as POC and LGBT (you haven't killed your gay people! Yay!) So I genuinely think it wouldn't do any harm or be considered white washing to cast a white dude as Ian. However, I will admit that I'm a little biased and would LOVE Cody to be involved. Not only do I think he'd be the perfect Ian but he is just a delight to have around on set and he's so so good and fun to work with. Plus I think it would be really funny story-wise to have my Sherlock play the Irene to your Sherlock pretending she's Irene. Just as I'd still love to have Hannah and Karen get cameos in AFS. Just my two cents! He'd love to audition anyway Smile

Naomi Javor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top